Last updated 11 months ago
Proper recovery after breast augmentation is necessary for optimal results, as the implants need time to settle into a natural position. Full recovery takes about four to six weeks, but most activities can be resumed after three weeks. Dr. Jennifer Geoghegan will provide you with complete instructions for the recovery process, but here are some general tips to help you see the results you want from your surgery:
Get Plenty of Rest
For the first few days following your surgery, you may need the help of a friend or family member to prepare food and administer medications to you. When you lie down to rest, prop yourself up with some pillows so that the implants are not completely compressed against the chest. Avoid disturbing any bandages or drains at the surgical site, as these will be removed during your first follow-up visit.
Avoid Strenuous Exercise
You will want to prevent stress to the skin and muscles surrounding your implants, so keep your exercise minimal until three weeks after your surgery. Ask Dr. Geoghegan before resuming any exercise routine.
Wear a Compression Bra
A special bra that does not have underwire or padding is needed after surgery. It is designed much like a sports bra, and it will keep swelling and discomfort minimal. Additionally, the bra will help preserve the shape of the newly placed implants
Drink Lots of Fluids
Hydration is a key element to recovery after any surgery, as it ensures good circulation in your blood stream. When blood flow is adequate, nutrient- and oxygen-rich blood will be better able to reach the surgical site for faster recovery.
If you are interested in breast augmentation surgery to enhance your appearance, visit Oasis Plastic Surgery in Scottsdale. We offer a wide range of cosmetic procedures that can be tailored to your needs in a comfortable, relaxing atmosphere. Schedule your initial consultation with us today by visiting our website or calling us at (480) 619-5418.
Last updated 1 year ago
The way you see and feel about yourself is inherently linked to your body image. When what you see doesn’t represent the person you feel you are inside, it’s easy to feel self-conscious and dissatisfied with your body. You can learn more about two plastic surgery procedures that may help you, mommy makeovers and liposuction, with these helpful resources.
- Read about one mother of three’s experience trying to get her pre-pregnancy body back, and how a mommy makeover helped her finally reach her aesthetic goals with this ABC News story.
- Explore this WebMD article to learn more about the liposuction procedure and what to expect before, during, and afterward.
- This article from My Surgery MD offers advice on what you can do during liposuction recovery to help reduce your recovery time and get the best results.
Oasis Plastic Surgery in Scottsdale provides the highest level of medical care with a personalized approach. To set up a consultation, call (480) 264-6428 today.
Last updated 1 year ago
Botox is a safe and effective way to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines for months at a time. Although this injectable is FDA-approved to treat a wide variety of medical conditions, there are a few areas that are treated more often in a cosmetic setting. Below are some of the most popular Botox target areas.
- Forehead Furrows: The forehead is one of the most common areas targeted by Botox treatments. This area of the face is constantly manipulated to show a wide variety of facial expressions, leading to the formation of fine lines in the forehead. Treatment with Botox can help to eliminate the tired and aged look caused by forehead lines.
- Frown Lines: Frowning causes the eyebrows to furrow toward the bridge of the nose, often resulting in vertical lines. These wrinkles are most commonly caused by years of scowling and squinting.
- Crow’s Feet: Squinting, blinking, and overexposure to the sun are common causes of crow’s feet, even in younger women. Because the skin around the eyes is thinner than that of any other area of the face, this area is more susceptible to sun damage and the development of fine lines.
- Under the Arms: Although this may seem like an unlikely area to use Botox, the underarms are often treated to reduce excessive sweating. Botox is a great way to temporary alleviate this condition without the need for special deodorants or medications.
As a part of our skin care and cosmetic services, Oasis Plastic Surgery & Skin Spa offers Botox injections to help our patients regain a youthful and vibrant appearance. If you would like to learn more about how you could benefit from Botox or any other cosmetic procedure, schedule a consultation with Dr. Jennifer Geoghegan by calling (480) 264-6428 today.
Last updated 1 year ago
Even with diligent dieting and exercising, unwanted fat of the hips, thighs, abdomen, and lower back may linger on. If you’ve taken all the right steps to maintain a healthy figure and still don’t have the result you want, liposuction can help you remove the remaining stubborn areas. Read on to learn more about the procedure and what it entails.
Liposuction Recovery Time
Liposuction can be done with various levels of anesthesia ranging from local anesthetic to general anesthesia. This means you will probably be allowed to leave the hospital soon after the procedure. The recovery time for liposuction is relatively quick; in most cases, you should be able to return to work after only a few days. After a couple of weeks, you will be able to return to your normal activity level.
Speeding Up Recovery After Liposuction
- If you’d like to see the results of your liposuction procedure as soon as possible, take these steps to reduce swelling. Some effective ways to reduce swelling include:
- Staying hydrated.
- Eating a low-sodium diet.
- Avoiding medications that interfere with fluid balance.
- Getting enough rest.
- Stimulating circulation by massaging the treated areas.
- Following Dr. Geoghegan’s instructions to ensure that your recovery is safe. These instructions should include:
- Don’t return to your usual activity level too quickly.
- Care for the surgical site as directed.
- Rest and allow your body to heal.
- Use medications as prescribed.
- Using the compression bandages or garments as Dr. Geoghegan has recommended can:
- Support the tissues of the treated area.
- Reduce swelling.
- Reduce the risk of complications.
- Help your skin adjust to the reduction of fat.
- Maintain a healthy diet throughout recovery. A healthy diet and regular exercise are key to maintaining the results of your liposuction procedure.
Oasis Plastic Surgery, located in Scottsdale, has the exclusive focus of helping women reach their goals through cosmetic surgery and treatments from our skin care spa. Whatever you hope to achieve, Oasis Plastic Surgery will help you attain your goals. For a consultation, call us today at (480) 264-6428.
Last updated 1 year ago
Tip 5 from Dr. Obagi’s Top Five Skin Care Tips: Catch some beauty Zzz’s.
“Getting fewer than 7-8 hours of sleep will cause premature aging, as well as dark circles and puffiness under the eyes,” Dr. Obagi cautions. “Your skin will look much more relaxed and healthy if you’re well rested.”